Economics: The Basics
We send all orders via Royal Mail: within the UK, choose from 1st Class, 2nd Class or Special Delivery; for the rest of the world, International Standard or International Tracked. Delivery and packaging charges are calculated automatically at the checkout.
To collect orders in person from the Bookshop, choose Click and Collect at the checkout.
From the publisher
Now in its third edition, Economics: The Basics continues to provide an engaging and topical introduction to the key issues in contemporary economics. Fully updated to take into account the global recession, ongoing problems in Eurozone economies, changing patterns in world trade, housing and currency markets, it covers fundamental issues, including:
• How different economic systems function
• The boom and bust cycle of market economies
• The impact of emerging markets
• How price, supply and demand interact
• The role of the banking and finance industry
• Whether we can emerge from recession and reduce poverty
• The impact of economics on the environment
With a glossary of terms, suggestions for further reading and new case studies covering subjects such as the choices facing developing economies, the impact of growth on the price of natural resources and the aftermath of the financial crash; this comprehensive and accessible guide is essential reading for anyone who wants to understand how economics works.